Low sperm count in men is a term specifically used to describe a condition where there is a lack in the quantity of the sperm accounting to less than 15 million sperm/ml. If you are trying to have children, the number of sperms ejaculated during sexual intercourse is very important. In case your test results for sperm count is low it is recommended to approach for an appointment in an infertility clinic for men to analyse male fertility factors and your medical history too.
Questions Asked During Appointment
After the appointment, specific questions will be asked by the specialists like any conditions occurred in the past that might have affected your testicles, whether any operations were held in the genital area due to any injury or infections etc, to determine the best treatment options that can be taken to save yourself from the sorrow.
Causes Of Low Sperm Count
While an average man can produce a speculated amount of sperms per day, many external habits like smoking, drinking alcohol, other drug usages, poor diet and lack of exercise etc can dramatically decrease the sperm production. Here are some of the factors that can lower men’s sperm count:
- Heat can have a decremented effect on the sperm quality and quantity. This is why nature has placed the testicles outside the body in the scrotum rather than in the abdomen for ovaries in females. Using hot water for bathing daily can permanently stop the sperm production in men.
- Obesity in men is another factor that can halt the sperm production. The accumulated fat in the body can cause to overheat the testicles.
- Men whose job includes long hours of sitting continuously like in IT, lorry drivers experience infertility due to increased heat in the genital areas.
- Excess intercourse increases the demand for sperms which is more than the supply. There are men who do ejaculation almost 3-4 times a day that reduces the sperm count.
- Being alcoholic can increase the chance of less sperm production as it lowers the male hormone testosterone.
- Smoking over 20 cigarettes a day can impact the sperm count and sperm motility negatively.
Low Sperm Count Treatment In Unani
Treatment for low sperm count may vary depending on the cause of the problem. Even though surgery is a widely used method, it is quite risky and expensive. Unani treatment offers an Ayurveda method of treatment where it helps to clear the infections or the disorder in a natural way.
For free online consultation : http://www.roymedicalhall.com/consultation-form/